What is an Abacus?
The abacus also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool that is in use centuries before the adoption of the written modern numeral system.
Abacus is a Latin word that has its origins in the Greek words abax or abakon (meaning “table” or “tablet”) which in turn, possibly originated from the Semitic word abq, meaning “sand” 1.
History of Abacus
Why does Abacus exist?
Why should we learn UCMAS Abacus?
- Improves self – confidence & discipline
- Increases concentration & focus
- Builds visual memory & multitasking ability
- Expands span of attention & retention capability
- Over all academic achievement & proficiency in math
- Enhances visual and auditory memory