UCMAS First Oakville MATH Contest
GEMS Learning Institute is organizing First Oakville Math Contest. Anyone who is interested for our Oakville or Mississauga locations can participate.
The Math contest will be of 8 minutes, which involves only addition and subtraction of single digit numbers. Please see attached PDF sample.
Kindly see further details below:
1. Age range: 4 - 12 years children can participate.
2. No prior knowledge or preparation required. The child should know numbers at least between 1 to 20. It is totally ok to particpate even if your child is a beginner in learning numbers and sums.
3. The child should be a resident of Oakville to participate. If you reside in Mississauga, kindly make sure that in case you want to continue with the program, you can come to our Winston Churchill and College way location.
4. Prizes will be given based on whoever has done most correct number of sums within 8 minutes.
5. Children who are familiar with Abacus or UCMAS are NOT eligible to participate. Kindly note it is only for new comers to UCMAS abacus.
6. Please arrive at 3:00 PM.
7. Math Contest will start at 3:20 PM, and will finish at 3:28 PM.
8. Results will be announced the same day. And parents will have an information session as well as kids will have free workshops for Robotics and Chess while waiting for the results to be announced..